02 March 2006

My Great Great Grandmother


This is my Great Great Grandmother, Elizabeth SPRECHER MANGOLD.

  • Born: 11 Dec 1843 in Malans, Graubünden, Switzerland
  • Baptism: 17 Dec 1843 in Switzerland
  • Married: 18 Feb 1866 in Mastrils, Switzerland to Heinrich MANGOLD (MENGOLD).
  • Emigrated from Chur (pronounced "Core"), Graubünden, SW in 1867.
  • Immigrated to Marion, OH and further on to Dickinson County, KS in 1874.
  • Immigrated to Southern California in 1910 with her husband and children.
  • Died: 4 Jan 1925 in Santa Maria, CA
  • Mother of 7 children, two of which died in infancy. Also raised a neice.


She looks just like my mother.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

hehe, Erin.

It's fun. I have a lot of German, Swiss, Irish, Scot and Welsh in me. Nooo, not at all quick tempered. :o)

Charlyn said...

I would love to know how to do this!

Jenn said...

Next week I'll post more, shenna.

I have a how-to list that can help!!

trespassers william said...

hello, just wanted to stop by and say thanks for checking out my blogs. i've always wondered about my genealogy...but never had the time. i am sure they (genealogies) make for some very wonderful stories. it's a good hobbie and a lot of history.

Bryan said...

Emma: enjoyed reading about your family line. I, too, like genealogy and have tried to post what has been left me about my family lines on the web: http://bryansspace.com/

I plan on adding lots more to my family site but I don't have enough time right now.

Millie said...

Yowza on your genealogy searches. Hope you have lots of success. I love it too.

Bryan said...

How do you find the time?

I was fortunate that my Dad's side of the family kept meticulous genealogy records, so all I had to do was post them on the web.

But my mother's side...that's another story which will require my retirement to research. And I'm a long way from that.