25 October 2008

Genealogical Kindness Meets Dead Fred

Every now and again, I pick up photos at antique shops when I believe I can match names, research, and return photos with flesh and blood family.

I started this endeavor for a few reasons. I enjoy the research, can always use a good excuse to visit our local antique mall and lastly, to get these pictures back to family is a rewarding process.

Back in the 1980s, my mother had her car stolen along with boxes of old, old family photos in the trunk...irreplaceable to the family and heartbreaking for me. It nearly makes me ill to think of it. I can't imagine where they ended up but again, I try not to think of it.

I do not make any money off of this endeavor, but I do ask for reimbursement of my costs. This is typically a nominal $1 to $2, depending on the photo.

Feel free to email me or leave a comment. I do not accept inquiries from auction dealers or genealogical publishers as I'd like to reunite these treasures to family members. Thank you!

1 comment:

Adriana said...

I am not sure I understand what it is that you do. But I do know that what I do understand sounds interesting lol. I would love to hear more.